Built for Success—Attributes of a Quality Healthcare Documentation Specialist (1 PD)
Are you having difficulty finding employment? Are you currently employed but interested in changing companies or moving up the ladder? Are you new to the healthcare documentation profession and not sure where to start? This presentation will provide insights from a recruiting aspect about what companies are looking for in a potential candidate. Students and recent graduates of healthcare documentation training programs as well as experienced transcriptionists will benefit from this information.
1. Understand how to prepare your resume with information employers are looking for.
2. Learn how to test effectively.
3. Hear about ways to interview and how to leave a lasting impression.
4. Communicate effectively with potential employers and on social media.
5. Learn tips to effectively and efficiently work from a home office.
Bio: Tracy Day is a human resources professional with 18 years of active HR experience, 4 years as a general transcriptionist, and 6 years as a medical transcriptionist. Her HR experience includes writing and enforcing employment policies and procedures, employee relations, manager mentoring, benefits administration, and recruiting in all areas of the organization. Her recruiting experience includes positions up to the executive level and has spanned many states as well as positions in other countries.
CEC: 1 Professional Development (PD)